Welcome to my newly designed little home.
Last night Dana from Designs by Dana (and soon The Vintage Pear) and I stayed up till unholy hours trying to make this look pretty. She did most of the work of course. And the making of the prettiness. Because she’s a genius and super talented.
Friends, I am in love with my blog. IN LOVE. Like, she uploaded it and my head just exploded right off my shoulders. Clean off. Thank goodness I seem to regrow them quickly, eh? <—That’s my inner Canadian jumping out.
Anyway, here’s what’s behind the change and things to come:
- - The blog changes will make it so that you can easily comment from your phone (AND THE HEAVENS REJOICED). Thank goodness because it was impossible before.
- - My site should load faster pretty much everywhere.
- - I will not be doing a second blog. I started it, and it was too much. I don’t have the time to handle another one. Hence the blog overhaul here.
- - I will be incorporating more into this one, but as I have before, it will remain my place to emotionally vomit. So some days I may do a giveaway in the morning and a “I burned down my house because I’m sad” post that afternoon. Nothing will change that.
- - Lots of new pages. I am cleaning them up, putting in new fun things. Some are just there temporarily. The top header line (auburn color) is the blog stuff I have always had with updates from time to time. The bottom border (plum) is all the stuff my new blog was going to have.
- - Recipes and things like that will be updated frequently. The bottom border has drop down menus (soon) to further categorize things (vegetarian, crockpot, etc.)
- - I’m doing Book Reviews! I’ll be doing them as I finish up the one I’m on. As you saw by the last review, it’s my honest opinion whether I got paid or not.
As the week goes on, I’ll be adding back in the widgets in the sidebars, making things neat and pretty again. If you see something amiss on your browser/phone/tablet – please let me know. The only reason I knew about people having trouble commenting off their phones was because you all told me. So it’s very helpful and appreciated when you say, “This doesn’t work/this looks funny.” Keep in mind that there are kinks to be worked out so things probably will look a tad off kilter as I add and delete.
I hope you love it too! If you have a button of mine – there is an updated one in the right corner. This is one of Dana’s first WordPress designs/installs so be sure to leave her a virtual hug below.