This is kind of a “pre” BlogHer list – but in general it works for just about anything. Like – you know. For all of you who are going to run into me in El Paso.
Anyway, if you’re headed to BlogHer this year, here are a few things you should know about me:
- I’m incredibly shy. Really. I remember both last years BlogHer and Blissdom this year there were points I felt like I might pass out. So here’s the thing: if you catch me staring at you and then I look away – I’m not being rude! Promise! I’m usually just trying to figure out who you are or I know and I’m too nervous to come over and say hi.
- Clothes shopping is not my thing. I like new clothes, but if they somehow could magically appear in my closet (all the correct size) without me having to endure a shopping trip to get them that would be wonderful. I absolutely hate shopping for new clothes. So I’ll be the one in the not so new clothes that are very comfy and probably very unstylish.
- I always looked forward to having a family and being so busy that I’d have to stop and get Chinese food takeout, then bring it home and we’d watch and movie and eat it out of those white paper containers. This has never happened. Never. I mean, I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve stopped to pick up dinner on the way home. And not to be all snooty about it – it’s just because I feel guilty if I don’t cook like 6 times a week. Lame. <— Also has nothing to do with BlogHer.
- I have naturally curly hair. Really – and because the humidity here is 4% and in NY it’s 95%, you need to know this. I will be rocking my curls the entire time there. Or #momhair. Either one…
- I am 5’6″. Because sometimes I get really shocked at how short or tall someone is that I’ve “known” and then meet – and had no idea. Then I feel like I spend the entire time trying to wrap my head around how I didn’t know this about them.
- I get cranky if I’m hungry. I like food, and my blood sugar gets all kinds of wonky if I skip meals. Last year I went to parties instead of dinners and I ended up eating like – a billion tiny tomato/mozzarella/basil on a stick things to quell the beast inside me.
- I don’t drink. And it totally does not make me uncomfortable to be around people who are – so please don’t feel like you have to pass up anything if we’re chatting or hanging out. I’m cool with it, I used to, and no judging just because I chose to stop for our personal reasons.
- If I’ve told you how much I want to meet you – you can bet your sweet bippy that I am going to avoid you like the plague. See #1 and try to understand that I really, really do want to talk to you.
- I don’t dance. Not because it goes with the not drinking thing (because that’s getting into Duggar territory there) but because I feel incredibly dumb doing so. HOWEVER – when I used to drink I did dance. So there’s that.
- Please don’t feel like you can’t ask me about anything I’ve told you all on here. If you want to talk about Preston and Julian, if you want to share your story, if you want to know more about something I wrote – please talk and ask. I don’t mind, there isn’t anything I shy away from talking about, and nothing makes me happier than knowing you remembered something about Bella, Sam, or the twins.
- This is what I look and sound like (sans makeup, sweaty, and with my bangs just rockin’ – also #momhair). We made this for Beth Anne (Heir to Blair) while texting one evening but it was too cute not to share.
There we go. I am looking forward to seeing you all, please come talk to me (especially if you see me standing alone with this look: o_O).
And 8 days people!!!
How does Army life feel after life in the Marines? Read my take on the differences in being a wife in both branches.