Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna with Feta
Cheesy, tangy, tomato-y goodness that the whole family will love.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 13 uncooked lasagna noodles (one just-in-case noodle)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 14.5oz can vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 14oz cans marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (take off tough outer leaves)
- 1 package or head of fresh spinach, washed and loosely chopped
- 1 28oz jar tomato pasta sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 4oz package feta, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until very al dente; drain. Undercooked is the key – they will soak up the excess sauce.
Heat oil on medium-high. Sauté garlic until aromatic, about 2 minutes on medium. Stir in broth and rosemary; bring to a boil. Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce.
Spread a few spoonfuls of the artichoke mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 cooked noodles. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over noodles. Repeat layers 3 more times, ending with artichoke mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with feta and bake 10 more minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Devour with your bare hands. Or use a fork.