If you’ve read me long, you know how very much I was looking forward to moving to Ft. Bragg, North Carolina this fall. When Sam finally got orders to go there by October, we were both over the moon thrilled. Perfect timing; we’d head across the country with a new baby and Bella to a place we couldn’t fathom not loving.
But then Kaden got sick. And after he passed, things got complicated. Sam’s orders were pending deletion to help us move to Dallas instead, but that was no longer needed. With a cross country move looming less than 4 weeks away, a memorial service to plan, a house to pack, and a daughter who had her life tipped over again, we had to make a choice. Quick.
We chose to ask for his orders to continue to be deleted and us to stay in El Paso. Then we waited to see what the Army would do, and yesterday we got word that they would allow us stay here.